Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Blaze of Glory by: M. Garzon [Review]











About the Book: 


Some fires can consume you.

Last year, I had it all. Two jumpers on the show circuit, a lot of wins, and a lot of attention – the good kind.  But now I have nothing. My life is circling the drain. The only spark of light that exists for me is my new, forbidden passion.  If my stepfather finds out, he will kill me.  My twin brother, my only blood relative in the world, has already begged me not to. But I can’t help myself. If it can’t be horses, it has to be this…






My Book Review:

"Some fires can consume you" and with that being said, I begin my portion of my review of this book with the same thought; that "Blaze of Glory" indeed consumes its readers. Its plot is captivating and what started off as a slow read quickly became a "can't put down" novel! 

Often nights my husband had to fight with me to "put down the book" and to "come to bed". I had a difficult time doing either. "Blaze of Glory" really came to life for me, the author gave the horses a personality of their own, and Tea's love for them was inspiring! M. Garzon brought out her love of horses with the book! I enjoyed indulging with the relationships that Tea shared with them.

"Blaze of Glory" isn't solely about horses or the passion Tea has with them, I found the novel to be extremely inspiring! The romance portion of the book was extremely well translated for teens to enjoy and capture their attention! Witnessing the relationship between Tea and her step father grow and blossom touched me. I loved it!


"Blaze of Glory" isn't all laughs and about whats "expected". Tea endures some very heart felt tragedies that moved me to tears. As a matter of fact, it was one of my favorite things about the novel; I laughed, I cried, I rejoiced! Fantastic read, and truly something one can enjoy again and again, then share it with your friends!







Where to find "Blaze of Glory":

The book is available on Kindle currently, and you may view other reviews and purchase the book following this link: http://www.mgarzon.ca/buy.html   I'm sure you'll find the book an excellent read, just as I had!






Getting to Know the Author:

M. Garzon rode horses professionally for ten years, until an injury prompted a career change.  She returned to school and completed a BSc; then, for good measure, an MBA.  After several years of toiling as a business consultant, she turned to writing in a desperate bid to regain her sanity.  A mom of two fabulous children, she lives in St-Lazare, QC and is currently working on the sequel to Blaze of Glory.








I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book sounds great! I needed a new read! Gonna check it out now. Thnx

    ReplyDelete